Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Web Data Tree scrambles nodes on postback
posted

I have a Web Data Tree set up like so:

<ig:WebDataTree ID="webDataTree1" runat="server" OnNodeClick="webDataTree1_NodeClick" Font-Size="Smaller" AutoPostBackFlags-NodeClick="On"></ig:WebDataTree>

The web data tree resides inside a web explorer bar.  Each node of the explorer bar has a web data tree inside of it.  I didn't design it this way - I'm upgrading from an old system that used the web list bar to hold web data trees.

The code that handles the NodeClick looks like this:

protected void webDataTree1_NodeClick(object sender, DataTreeNodeClickEventArgs e)
        {
            try
            {
                if (!e.Node.HasChildren)
                {
                    string[] tableDetail;
                    //tableDetail = e.Node.DataKey.ToString().Split('|');  16 Feb 2015 EMF
                    tableDetail = e.Node.Key.ToString().Split('|');
                    object[] getFilter = new object[5];
                    getFilter[0] = Int32.Parse(tableDetail[0].ToString());
                    getFilter[1] = tableDetail[1];
                    getFilter[2] = tableDetail[2];
                    getFilter[3] = e.Node.Text;
                    getFilter[4] = tableDetail[3];
                    _delLoadFilterpage.DynamicInvoke(getFilter);
                }
            }

// .. catch code is here & the end of the method.

There are two scenarios that happen here.

The first time I click on a node in the web data tree, the nodeclick event does not fire.  However, all of the nodes within the web explorer bar get moved down into other nodes.  For example, the first three items (which start off in the first menu) wind up in the second menu, the first and third menus are blank, then the fourth holds the contents of the second menu, and so on.

The second time I click on a node, it fires the NodeClick event, at which point all of the data is scrambled, none of the arguments are correct, and I wind up with an exception.  Please let me know what other information you need, thanks! 

Parents Reply Children
No Data