Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
IgniuteUI datagrid merge cells and export to Excel
posted

Hi All,

I am trying to merge cells in the IgniteUI datagrid and export them to excel. I followed the examples and I can either merge cells or export them to excel. If I try to combine both features it doesn' work. Can someone post me a very simple sample so I can look at it.

Thanking you

Preethi

Parents
    Offline posted

Hi,

The igGridExcelExporter exports the grid to a worksheet table, which allows to manipulate the data using sorting, filtering, etc. However merging operation is not available over tables in excel. What you can do is:

1) Open the exported excel worksheet

2) Click anywhere in the table to make sure that the active cell is in a table column.

3) On the Design tab, in the Tools group, click Convert to Range.

Then you should be able to merge the cells using the Excel native way of doing this. Since this is not supported by igGridExcelExporter out of the box you can log it at http://ideas.infragistics.com, the Product Ideas site allows you to suggest new product features, new functionalities in existing products and controls, and even request new controls and products altogether. Members of the Infragistics Community then vote for the features and suggestions they want to see added to the products, resulting in the most popular features bubbling up to the top.
    When planning new releases, our Product Management team will look at the most popular features and use your feedback to prioritize upcoming work.

Please let me know if you have further questions or if you need detailed steps on how to log this as a Product Idea.

Reply Children
No Data