Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igCombo - 15.1 ComboFor does not set selected item
posted

Hello,

I’m using Razor syntax to create my igCombos.  In 13.2, I was able to use the following code to create a combo and select the initial item:

@(Html.Infragistics().ComboFor(x => Model.QueryAggregate)

.ID("QueryAggregate_" + Model.Id)

.TextKey("Text").ValueKey("Value")

.EnableClearButton(false)

.DataSource(EnumHlpr.GetEnumSelectList(typeof(GroupBy)))

.DataBind()

.Render()

)

This used to work well, and the combo selected the initial Model.QueryAggregate item.  I am finding that in 15.1, there is no initial item selected.  I am able to get around this by adding the following line:

.ComboInitialSelectedItems(x => x.Settings.Add(new ComboInitialSelectedItemsSettings() { Value = (int)Model.QueryAggregate }))

This seems a little redundant because this used to work fine without setting the ComboInitialSelectedItems.  I would expect the igCombo control to work like it did in 13.2 and not be required to set ComboInitialSelectedItems when using ComboFor.

Thanks,

Paul

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

Hello,

Thanks for using Infragistics controls!

We have changed the combo in 15.1 version. It's rewritten from the ground and there are a lot of improvements and changes. Here you can find the migration topic - http://www.igniteui.com/help/igcombo-migrating-to-the-new-combo

My suggestion is to use that approach you have listed.

Reply Children
No Data