Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Enabling editing of igGrid on button click
posted

I am trying to move all of the edit/delete/add/update functions out of the grid itself into separate buttons outside of the grid. I want to keep the grid itself as empty as possible from all of the extra UI features. For example, I would like the user to be able to highlight a row on the grid, then click a button that is outside of the grid and that sets the grid into a "update mode" where that row becomes editable until they click the same button again. How would I accomplish this?

Parents
    Verified Answer
    posted

I couldn't make heads or tails of the documentation and was having the same problem as you so what I ended up doing was using a button to fire off an event that used a custom-templated bootstrap modal that I styled to look exactly like the row needing to be edited that I placed over the top of the row that I expected to be edited - I bound the input fields into an angular controller and when the user finished editing I destroyed my fake row and passed the values from those fields back into the ig grid's update API to for a data update without ever being able to actually get the grid itself into edit mode that I wanted.

Hope this helps

Reply Children
No Data