Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraFormattedTextEditor unable to detect URLs
posted

I am in need of detecting urls in text and converting them to hyperlinks. Our clients would like this feature. I have been trying to get this to work with the control but I am unable to.  I am using a regular expression to detect the URL in text. The only time it creates a hyperlink is when it is 'TreatValueAs = URL'.  I pasted a dummy program 

Properties 

TreatValueAs = Auto ---> ?? Havent figured out how this works and in what way it works.

Parents
    Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

You may have to format the text so as to remove anything that the UltraFormattedTextEditor might interpret as a control code, but it does handle the HTML anchor tag (<a>) without any additional formatting required on your part.

Example:

this.formattedTextEditor.Value = new ParsedFormattedTextValue("This is a <a href=\"www.infragistics.com\">hyperlink</a>. This, on the other hand is not.");

Reply Children