Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
how to get dropdown event from ultragrid?
posted

I am using UltraWinGrid in my application. For one of the column display style is set as Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.DropDownList My grid fills fine , I am even able to attach value list for particular column, so that when clicked on combo box drop down list with values will populate.

Now my issue is that , I would like to get event when user clicks on combo box in grid and selects some value.

How can I make it possible please guide.

Thanks

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

UltraGrid fires its CellChange event when a value changes in a cell during an edit mode session. If you want to receive a notification when the cell value changes by any means, i.e., whether by selecting an item from the dropdown or typing a letter, arrowing up/down, etc., use this event.

If you want to receive a notification only in the more specific case of the user selecting an item from the dropdown, you can handle the EditorWithCombo's SelectionChangeCommitted event, which fires when the user "commits" a selection from the dropdown list. This includes clicking an item in the dropdown, arrowing when the dropdown is closed, and selecting an item while the dropdown list is open by pressing the enter key.

Note that if you want to receive a notification only in the even more specific case of the user selecting an item by clicking on it with the mouse, excluding all other user interactions that cause an item to be selected, you would have to take a different approach, which I won't go into unless this is what you want. Typically you don't differentiate between the various different user interface actions that result in a selection change, in which case one of the above approaches will suffice. If you want to know how to do this, repost and we'll help you with that.

Children