Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Advice on connecting the PivotView to a SSAS Tabular Model
posted

Hi All,

I'm looking to use the "ASP.NET MVC Pivot View" UI tool in a existing application, but i'm looking to pull data from my locally HTTP hosted SSAS tabular model to the PivotView tool in my web application.

Now looking at some examples from the ignite guides on "http://www.igniteui.com/help/igpivotview-adding-using-the-mvc-helper" i can see what would be a HTML Helper is trying to pass under DataSourceOptions:

• Columns
  • Rows
  • Measures

And under xmlaOptions:

• ServerUrl
  • Catalog
  • Cube
  • MeasureGroup

Now just from a brief look over the differences between the model that sits on the example URL that infragistics supply to pull data from into their examples which is: http://sampledata.infragistics.com/olap/msmdpump.dll, there is a significant difference between the example model in management studio and my ADWorks tabular model as seen in the pictures attached to this forum post.

AdventureWorks Tabular Model

Infragistics Cube Model

Now just from looking at the fields the example code in the "Adding igPivotView to an ASP.NET MVC Application" it asks you to pass those fields both in XmlaOptions, now from what i've seen just trying out the example code at first instance, you dont need to pass through any of the columns, rows or measures under the DataSourceOptions.

But when i try to exclude say a Measure Group under the xmlaOptions it throws an exception as seen in the screenshot below:

Error Message

Now, my issue is going back to how the PivotView UI tool would actually take data from tabular model, as you can obviously see from screenshots the structure is completely different, and i have tried to just get around it by adding my Server URL into the example code as seen above and then instead of taking it out like i did above, just add a measure into the example code instead of a measure group, but didn't work.

Now is there any kind of sample code of this been done or any advice anyone can give me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Parents
No Data
    Offline posted

Hello Rich,

I'm following to see whether you were able to resolve your issue.
    Let me know if you have further questions regarding this subject.

Best regards,
    Martin Pavlov
    Infragistics, Inc.

Children
No Data