Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to use igcombo in ASP.NET MVC 5
posted

I'm trying to create s simple ASP.NET MVC 5 (Razor) application.

On start the contoller looks in a specified folder and makes a list of all files in this folder.

This list should be displayed in the igcombo as a dropdown-list.

When the user select a filename in the dropdown-list, the name of the selected file should be send back to the contoller.

So I created a viewmodel to transport the filenames from the controller to the view.

1. How can I bind the filenames to the dropdown-list?

2. How can I submit the selected filename?

All examples, that I found, are simple examples with only a static array in the <script> tag.

If I try this example, I can't use it in the view. When I type "@using Infragistics.Web.Mvc" in the view, VS2013 tells me, that the namespace Infragistics is unknown. But I have a reference to the Infragistics.Web.Mvc.dll assembly, and I can use it in the controller.

I there a best practice example for igcombo data binding and ASP.NET MVC? I found this, but this is not razor, and i can't use "@using Infragistics.Web.Mvc" in the view.

I also found the loadOnDemand. I think, with this option the igcombo can load the data from a dataSource only if it's needed, right? Can I use this with ASP.NET MVC?

Parents Reply Children
No Data