Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Sorting or filtering after editing a row leads to error
posted

Background: I need the user to submit data a row at a time, so I cannot use autoCommit.

After I edit a row, but before committing the changes, if I then change a filter the grid throws this error:

Grid has pending transactions which may affect rendering of data. To prevent exception, application may enable "autoCommit" option of igGrid, or it should process "dataDirty" event of igGridUpdating and return false. While processing that event, application also may do "commit()" data in igGrid.

The grid unfortunately shows the spinning "busy" icon so its clear to the user that something is wrong.

I'd appreciate suggestions. Turning on autoCommit isn't an option as I said before. If dataDirty returned false the user would lose their edits.

It does seem like the grid could in theory support sorting and filtering while preserving pending changes, but I'm guessing that would be a big change. (FYI: both Sorting and Filtering are set to type "local".) A fallback might be for us or the grid to do one of the following:

a) Disable filtering and sorting until changes are committed or rolled back.

b) Detect the problem, ask the user whether its okay to revert their changes. If they say no, then keep their changes and ignore the filter/sort operation.

FYI I don't think (b) is currently possible-- I tried using dataDirty for something similar and found that it simply wasn't designed to allow a clean interruption of a data refresh. (Discussed here: http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/97749/482119.aspx#482119)

Worse comes to worse we could redesign our screens,  for example add new rows using another screen instead of inline in the grid. We'd rather not though.

Thanks,

Matt

Parents Reply Children
No Data