Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
MultiLine TextBox and RowEditing
posted

Hello,

I have a WebDataGrid (and WebHierarchicalDataGrid) with EditingCore and RowEditing activated. One of the cells is a multiline text which I would like to edit (and being able to add new lines by pressing enter). However, by default, Enter closes the EditingMode.

So, first of all I added the following Editor:

<EditorProviders>

<ig:TextBoxProvider ID="NewsTextEditor">

<EditorControl ID="NewsTextEditor" ClientIDMode="Predictable" TextMode="MultiLine"></EditorControl>

</ig:TextBoxProvider>

</EditorProviders>

And assigned it to the RowEditing-ColumnSettings for the particular Field. Now, I found a solution in the forum if one uses the CellEditing by doing the following:

function WebHierarchicalDataGrid1_CellEditing_ExitingEditMode(sender, eventArgs) {

if (eventArgs.getCell().get_column().get_key() == "NEWS_TEXT") {

if (eventArgs.get_browserEvent().keyCode == 13) {

eventArgs.set_cancel(true);

}

}

}

However, when using RowEditing, There is no eventArgs.getCell(), and even if I would ignore the column check and just cancle the Event every time:

function WebHierarchicalDataGrid1_RowEdit_ExitingEditMode(sender, eventArgs) {

if (eventArgs.get_browserEvent().keyCode == 13) {

eventArgs.set_cancel(true);

eventArgs.set_keepEditing(true);

}

}

it does not add a new line to the text. What can I do to use multiline Editors with the RowEditing Behaviour?

Thanks a lot!