Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Tooltips are off by a row when headers are duplicated and inserted into table
posted

I had a customer request to duplicate table headers whenever a hierarchichal grid has been expanded and put the same headers that are the top of the grid below the expanded item. When this row is expanded, the information in the tooltip for a cell is now offset by one cell (i.e. it shows the information from the cell below it). Also, If we have multiples of these copied headers in the row, the offset shifts accordingly.. I.E. If there are 2 additional headers, the tooltip info is that of the cell 2 rows below the cell that is hovered over, if 3 additional headers, tooltip info is that of cell 3 rows below and so on.

Here's what I tried. I tried using the iggridtooltipstooltipshowing event. I just set the tooltip equal to the data in the hovered over element. 

$(document).delegate("[id^='bws-cv-grid-']", "iggridtooltipstooltipshowing", function (evt, args) {
    if (!(args.element.textContent.contains("..."))) {
        args.tooltip = args.element.textContent;
    }
});

The problem with this code is that it only can get the information which is in the cell, which is trimmed with a ... at the end. I added the if statement to only replace the tooltip info if there was not a "..." in the cell. Then I realized that this still doesn't fix the problems of the cells that have the "..." in them (i.e. they still have info from cells below them).

I realize that I have done something with jQuery that was never intended to be done by infragistics, but I would appreciate any suggestions.