Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Footer Toolbar in Application Menu 2010
posted

Hi,

Our Application uses CAB architecture and Infragistics controls. We are using Infragistics NetAdvantage V13.1.

We are using toolbars manager and have application menu.

We are now planning to migrate our Application menu to Office 2010 Style.

Our application has different modules and each module has a handler for ribbon that sets up the ribbon tools and application menu items that are relevant for those modules.

There were some tools like About,Exit which were added to the Application Menu footer area and are common to all the modules. These tools in the application menu footer area are added only once per application and are visible in all the modules.

The Application menu 2010 doesnt seem to have FooterToolbar area. To achieve the same functionality as previous Application menu, I feel that we need to add these footer toolbar items explicitly to the Navigation Menu for each of these modules.

1. Is there any alternative way to achieve this without adding these footer toolbar items to every module?

Also is there any document/link which has some documentation on how to switch from existing Application Menu to Application Menu 2010?

Another problem, we are facing is that the tools which are added last are taking the top positions in the navigation menu  i.e If I add Tool 1, Tool2 first and then Add Tool3,Tool4, I am getting the tools in the order Tool3, Tool4, Tool1, Tool2. I tried setting FirstInGroup property to false but still they are displayed in the same order. Can you let me know how to add these tools at the last rather than First?

Thanks,

Satish