Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Plot area transparency
posted

Hi, we're using the Android DataChartView and we're trying to draw a background image behind the plotted datapoints. I tried setting both the view background and the plot area background brush to transparent, but it seems as if the data chart view always draws over top of the views behind it. Any advice?

Thanks!

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your post.

I have been investigating into this issue you are reporting with the latest Android 15.2 jars, but I cannot seem to reproduce this behavior you are seeing. I have tried placing the Android DataChartView over top of a few different view types, but all of them are visible if I set the PlotAreaBackground to a new SolidColorBrush(Color.TRANSPARENT). I have attached the relevant code for my MainActivity so that you can see the java code that I am using to achieve this. The currently attached code places a TextView behind the DataChartView, for the sake of simplicity, but I have tried this with an ImageView as well as with other Android controls.

I am wondering how the code I have attached is similar or different from the code you are using. Would it be possible for you to please provide the relevant java files to your application so that I may use them in an application of my own to see if I can reproduce this issue you are seeing? Also, with regards to the Android jars you are using, would it be possible for you to please shed some light on the version of these jars that you are using?

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer
    Infragistics Inc.
    www.infragistics.com/support

MainActivity.zip