Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Licensing Questions
posted

I am not able to raise a support request so I am posting this on a forum. We have list of 5 licenses that we have in our records for NetAdvantage for Windows Forms 2007 Vol.2 that the organization purchased back in 2007. The five license are working fine and there is one license that was installed on a Windows 2003 server for building a Winforms application that is also working fine(but I don't know what key on this server or is there any separate key for servers). The issue that we are facing now is we are migrating to another Windows 2003 server (due to issues with the existing server) and not able to use any of the 5 licenses that we have on the servers and we don't know if there is any specific license used on Windows 2003 back in 2007. The  5 licenses are working only on the workstations and not on any Windows 2003 server, It gives me Invalid Key error when I install it on Win2003 or Win2012.  I was not invloved when this tool was purchased in 2007 and we don't have a purchase order. How can I get the list of all the license purchased. Is it possible for infragistics support to provide all the license that the organization has purchased? Is there seperate license for servers ? Any suggestion on how to proceed? Your help is much appreciated

Offline posted

Ramana,

The licensing is per developer and the license agreement can be reviewed here.  If you have five licenses, that means up to five developers can be using the product. To find out what licenses your company has purchased, reach out to registrations@infragistics.com and they will be able to help you identify what licenses you have.

For the installation issue where the key is invalid, many of out older installers had an issue with storing a bad key that would require a restart before the install would work.  Typically this happened when copying and pasting the license into the installer from a rich text editor that included formatting characters.  To resolve this, restart the server, run the installer again and type the key in during installation.

I believe the issue that prevented you from creating a case will be resolved now and you can try creating a case if you would like.  Please note that as you don't have any current subscriptions/keys registered to your account the case would be created as a trial and you would only get support for 30 days.

Let me know if you have any questions with this matter.