Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Multipel different context menus - keyboard shortcuts
posted

I have multiple context menus implemented in my application, e.g. one on grid row selectors, another in text cells in rows. I set the context menus on mouse down and they work OK, my problem is the keyboard shortcuts.

I want to determine from which parent context menu (or possibly control) a shortcut originates to know where to send a command received in the main form.

At the moment I am unable. The parent of the shortcut seems to be the main toolbar manager not the active context menu. I have not found a way to get the source control either. At the moment the work around is different shortcuts for same command on different context menus, which does not scale well.

What is the best practice approach for this, any suggestions on how to solve?

Offline posted

Hello Mats,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

If I understand you correctly you have several context menus in your application, and each one is associated to a particular item. On these menus you have some buttons. Are these buttons different for each menu or there could be same buttons on different menus? One more think – are these menus WinForms ContextMenu or UltraToolbarsManager PopupMenuTools?

Please answer my questions so I can investigate this further for you.

Looking forward to your reply.