Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
series getting cut off on y-axis, widen x-axis elements
posted

Hello,

I am having 2 issues with my igDataChart. The chart contains 2 series, a line series of individual dates over a period with numeric values, and a column series with one value per month in the period (with the data for each monthly element being populated on the middle day of each month). Here is a sample of what the data looks like, with an example for a day with only the line series element, and one with the monthly element as well:

[{"Date":"1/15/2016","Cumulative":"-7360226.94859106"},{"Date":"1/16/2016","Cumulative":"-7360226.94859106","Discrete":"-10171738.636458"}]

1) The chart is cutting off some of the lower line series values. How can I ensure these do not get cut off? I will need this to happen dynamically since the data being loaded could be of any scale. Example here: http://imgur.com/a/TmJ1B

2) I would like to widen the column series elements so they take up more horizontal space on the chart. Is this possible? You can see a reference image at the same link above.

Code is below. Thank you!

$("#graph_Timeline").igDataChart({

remove: true,
width: "60%",
height: "400px",
dataSource: data,
axes: [
{
name: "DateAxis",
type: "categoryX"
},
{
name: "ValAxis",
formatLabel: function (value) { return value.toString().replace(/\B(?=(\d{3})+(?!\d))/g, ",") },
type: "numericY"
}
],
series: [
{
showTooltip: true,
name: "Discrete",
type: "column",
title: "Discrete",
isHighlightingEnabled: true,
isTransitionInEnabled: true,
xAxis: "DateAxis",