Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
start edit after set cell value
posted

Hello,

I am having an issue with using igGridUpdating startEdit after igGridUpdating setCellValue:

For example:

$('#dgSampleGrid').igGridUpdating("startEdit", 10093051, "Comment");

Works fine, but

$('#dgSampleGrid').igGridUpdating("setCellValue", 10093051, "SkuDesc", "My Value has changed!");

$('#dgSampleGrid').igGridUpdating("startEdit", 10093051, "Comment");

does not work, it looks like it moves the cell focus, but the edit never starts.

Is this expected? I have attached a full example to demonstrate.

startEditExample.zip
    Offline posted

Hello Mike,

Thank you for posting in our community.

First I would like to mention that startEdit method has 3 parameters, as follows:

- rowId - the row id of type object

- column - column key of index of type object

- raiseEvents - specifies whether or not updating events should be raised for this operation of type bool

I noticed that that the third parameter used in your code snippet is of type string.

Additionally, I created a small sample illustrating your scenario. I have an igGrid with Updating feature enabled and a button. When the button is clicked the cell value is set via the setCellvalue method and afterwards startEdit method is called for the same cell. On my side everything works as expected and cell successfully enters edit mode.

Please test it on you side and let me know how it behaves. If this is not an accurate demonstration of what you are trying to achieve please feel free to modify in order to reproduce the issue and send it back to me for further investigation.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance with this matter.

igGridStartEdit.zip