Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ignite UI - jQuery Grid(html table) in MVC need two mechanisms to workout
posted

Hi Team,

I am migrating my ASP.net with Infragistics WebDataGrid application to ASP.NET MVC application where I am using Ignite UI - jQuery Grid which is a html table. Here I Need two mechanisms to work-out how it was earlier working when I was using Infragistics WebDataGrid control. Those two are :

a) I was using Infragistics WebDataGrid with AutoGeneratedColumns = true. So dynamically what database table I was passing as parameter, Infragistics WebDataGrid was automatically creating columns. This also working in-case of Ignite UI - jQuery Grid. But in this Ignite UI - jQuery Grid I want to freeze first 2 columns and other columns I can scroll, this is just like in Microsoft Excel how we freeze columns and other columns can horizontally scroll, same way I want here.

I have gone through the Ignite UI - jQuery Grid online examples and to achieve this, I have to define each column with a "Key" value in the view(.cshtml) page and using that key I can freeze, un-freeze any column. But in my case as I am passing table names as parameter and just what table Name is passed, just binding the grid with autogenerated columns = true so every time different columns come based on what table Name I am passing. So in this case, in view page(cshtml) I cannot define key names during compile time.

So please advice, how can I freeze columns in this case.

b) In Infragistics WebDataGrid in asp.net, I can make any cell of this grid editable by pressing F2 or by double clicking, How to achieve this using Ignite UI - jQuery Grid(html table) ?

Infragistics WebDataGrid in asp.net code that works is as below. Similar code for Ignite UI - jQuery Grid(html table) I am looking for.

<ig:WebDataGrid>

<Behaviors>

<ig:EditingCore AutoCRUD="false" BatchUpdating="true">

<Behaviors>

<ig:CellEditing EditModeActions-EnableF2="true" EditModeActions-MouseClick="Double"  EditModeActions-EnableOnKeyPress="true"  Enabled="true">

</ig:CellEditing>

</Behaviors>

</ig:EditingCore>

</Behaviors>

</ig:WebDataGrid>

I know, rowEdit Event is there, but this makes entire row editable. I don't want this. I want the cell that I my selecting on that cell should become a TextBox when I press F2 or double-click.

Thanks a lot for going through my queries and your kind advise will be highly helpful for me.

Regards

Deb

Bangalore, India

+91-80-6725-0482