Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Does Infragistics offer a ribbon feature like MS Office's "Tell Me"?
posted

Does Infragistics offer a ribbon feature like MS Office's "Tell Me"?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Do-things-quickly-with-Tell-Me-f20d2198-17b8-4b09-a3e5-007a337f1e4e

"You'll notice a text box on the ribbon in Office 2016 apps that says Tell me what you want to do. This is a text field where you can enter words and phrases about what you want to do next and quickly get to features you want to use or actions you want to perform. You can also use Tell Me to find help about what you're looking for, or to use Smart Lookup to research or define the term you entered."

Is there a command search like this already available? Thanks!

Offline posted

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your post.

The XamRibbon does not currently support a command searching feature along the lines of Microsoft Office's "Tell Me" functionality. If you would like to see this implemented in a future version of the XamRibbon, I would recommend suggesting a new product idea for it at http://ideas.infragistics.com. This product ideas site will place you in direct communication with our product management teams who plan and prioritize upcoming features and development based on community and user feedback.

A possible workaround to creating this functionality at the moment could be to re-template one of your RibbonTabItems that exists in your XamRibbon.Tabs collection so that it includes a TextBox or other acceptable "search" field. You could then watch for the text changes in this search field and take an appropriate action to create this "Tell Me" search functionality, such as opening a drop-down or creating a popup that contains options for what your user may have typed.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns on this matter.

Sincerely,
    Andrew
    Associate Developer