Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
using UltraDropdown to show dropdown values for few columns
posted

Hi,

I want to show certain possible values for few columns on my ultragrid(but not all on all columns). The ultradropdown documentation says that it is a multiple column dropdown. So, Can I use it on my ultragrid to show different possible values for different columns? If so, could you please provide a small sample on how to achieve this.

Also, I need to remove the selected item from the possible values when a user makes a selection for the dropdown column and only show the values that were still not selected in other rows. Meaning, at any point of time the drop down should have values that were not selected in other rows. what event should we handle for this.

Thanks,

Offline posted

Hello Skankhunt,

Yes, you are correct – UltraDropDown is a multicolumn dropdown. What this mean is you may have several columns in your dropdown, compared to a single column dropdown, e.g. MS ComboBox. Please follow the next link to our products information and check the “Multi-column Drop Down” sample (click on View Sample link under this sample section) where you will find visual differentiation between single column and multicolumn dropdown – link.

Regarding your second question you may handle BeforeCellListDropDown event. In this event you may set the necessary values of your drop down. To handle the values, you may create your own collection of all the values. Then in BeforeCellListDropDown add to drop down all the values from your collection. When the user selects any value you may handle AfterExitEditMode event and remove the selected value form your values collection.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.