Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Server Method Failed
posted
Hello, When i enter value in a grid cell, it shows - The server method 'GetValues' failed with the following error:System.NullReferenceException-Object reference not set to an instance of an object. my code is as follows - i call this method by javascript - PageMethods.GetCellValues(getValues,OnSucceeded); [System.Web.Services.WebMethod] public static string GetCellValues(string getBarcode) { string getValues = string.Empty; string cellValue = string.Empty; string[ splitCode = getBarcode.Split('|'); getBarcode = splitCode[0].ToString(); cellValue = splitCode[1].ToString(); if (getBarcode == "BarCode") { foreach (TransferDetail row in _gridTransferDetails) { if (row.BarCode.Trim() == cellValue.Trim()) { getValues = row.ItemCode + "|" + row.Description + "|" + row.Cost; break; } } } return getValues; } please reply me, Thanks in advance, Regards, Vasanth.
    posted

Hello Vasanth,

This one is hard to tell, since you are invoking a Web Service from the client to the server with javascript and Null Refrence can happen anywhere in the actual WebMethod. I can suggest placeing a breaking on the first line of the WebMethod body and tracing line by line until you see the dicrete line with the exception and the complete stack trace - this will surely provide additional clues.