Exporting excel formulas

This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

JHH
Points 70
Replied On: Mon, Dec 22 2008 5:21 AM

Hi, I'm trying to export to one excel document some data in a DataTable using Infragistics.Excel, and I would like to export some formulas (for example for the summaries..).

Example:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workbook wb = new Infragistics.Excel.Workbook(Infragistics.Excel.WorkbookPaletteMode.CustomPalette);
Worksheet ws = wb.Worksheets.Add("WorkSheet");

int i = 0;

for(i=0; i<10; i++) {

ws.Rows[1].Cells[i].Value = "NIGHT";

}

Infragistics.Excel.Formula formula = Infragistics.Excel.Formula.Parse("=COUNT.IF($A12:$E12;\"NIGHT\")", CellReferenceMode.R1C1);
formula.ApplyTo(ws.Rows[1].Cells[i+1]);

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thowing an exception when try to apply formula: "The formula has extra expressions after the end of it.Portion with error: ($A12:$E12;"NIGHT")"

What is wrong?

Thanks.

Jacobo.

• Post Points: 20
Mike Saltzman
Points 444,935
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Mon, Dec 22 2008 10:19 AM

Hi Jacobo,

For one thing, your formula is using A1 notation and you are specifying R1C1 as your CellReferenceMode. So that's a contradication. 

Also, you are using a semi-colon instead of a comma to separate the arguments of your function. 

Mike Saltzman

Manager - Windows Forms Development

Infragistics, Inc.

• Post Points: 55
JHH
Points 70
Replied On: Mon, Dec 22 2008 10:35 AM

Thanks for your help Mike. Now it works well. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Workbook wb = new Infragistics.Excel.Workbook(Infragistics.Excel.WorkbookPaletteMode.CustomPalette);
Worksheet ws = wb.Worksheets.Add("WorkSheet");

int i = 0;

for(i=0; i<10; i++) {

ws.Rows[1].Cells[i].Value = "NIGHT";

}

Infragistics.Excel.Formula formula = Infragistics.Excel.Formula.Parse("=Countif(A12:E12,\"NIGHT\")", CellReferenceMode.A1);
formula.ApplyTo(ws.Rows[1].Cells[i+1]);

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Post Points: 5
rashd60
Points 45
Replied On: Tue, Feb 2 2010 5:40 PM

When i use the "=IF" formula in the code during export to excel apply formula, it throws an error "=#N/A"

Example:

=IF(P10 - Q10 + R10  < 0, 0, P10 - Q10 + R10)

It use to work in the previous version of infragistics (v7.3). We recently upgraded to the newer version(9.2 for .net3.5).

Is this a known bug?

Mike Saltzman
Points 444,935
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Wed, Feb 3 2010 10:34 AM

It's difficult to answer your question without more information. How are you using this formula? To what is it being applied? Are you using a WinGrid or create an Excel file on your own using the Infragistics.Excel assembly?

How is this related to the other posts in this thread?

Mike Saltzman

Infragistics, Inc.

jroconnor
Points 180
Replied On: Wed, Feb 3 2010 10:47 AM

I'm Having this same issue. I'm creating the the excel file on my own using the Infragistics.Excel assembly. I've even simplified the formula to

dim f as Formula = Formula.Parse("=if(1>1, 0, 1)", CellReferenceMode.R1C1)
f.ApplyTo(worksheet.rows(1).cells(1))

And it gives me the "=N/A" error

Mike Saltzman
Points 444,935
Infragistics Employee
Replied On: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:21 AM

Mike Saltzman

Infragistics, Inc.

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS