Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Date formatting for Japanese language OS
posted

We have a customer in Japan complaining that the date displayed on the Grid is not showing in the correct format. 

The Short Date in Regional Options for US English OS has date with slashes like 2/9/2010. The Long Date is Tuesday, February 09, 2010. You can see this in the image below. Compare this with the image further down which is for Japanese language OS

The Short Date for Japanese OS is one with slashes and the Long Date is one with some Japanese letters, as seen in the 2nd image

When the date renders on UltraGrid in US English OS, we get the short date format i.e. the one with slashes but that date renders in Japanese OS, it seems to be using Japanese OSs long date format i.e. the one with Japanese characters.

Our customer is asking that we use the Japanese short date for format for rendering on the UltraGrid just like we are doing in US English .   Of course they do not understand that this is how Infragistics Grid is rendering.

I am wondering if this a defect.  Hopefully there is some Grid setting that would let me do this and I do not have to write masks etc.

Next two images show how date formats as rendered on Grid in US English OS and Japanese OS.

Japanese OS

while in US English OS: