Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Hierarchical Webdatagrid Custom Paging Template
posted

I have been having problems referencing controls in the WebHierarchicalDataGrid when using Custom Template Paging. I want to do the same thing with the Hierarchicalwebdatagrid as in the custom paging example for the webdatagrid. 

To reproduce the error simple edit the webdatagrid example and change the <ig:webdatagrid tags to <ig:WebHierarchicalDataGrid

This will error with Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Line 21:         pagerControl = WebDataGridView.Behaviors.Paging.PagerTemplateContainer.FindControl("CustomerPager") as WebFeatureBrowser_WebDataGrid_Paging_CustomerPagerControl;
Line 22:         pagerControl.PageChanged += new EventHandler<PageChangedEventArgs>(currentPageControl_PageChanged);

The FindControl method cannot find the CustomerPager control. if I debug this I can see that the control count in the footer template is 0.

I also found that PagerTemplateContainer.was deprecated and in my examples was replaces with PagerTemplateContainerBottom

Greg