Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDataMenu Designer - Error Creating Control
posted

I have recently setup a new pc.  I downloaded the infragistics control (I have a key) and am using version 10.3.20103.2120.  I ran the utility to create the toolbox tab.

When I run my program it seems to be fine, but in the design view of my aspx page I'm getting Error Creating Control.  Failed to create designer Infragistics.Web.UI.NavigationControls.WebDataMenu.

I tried searching for a solution and things talked about the registering DLLS into the GAC.  I don't understand what this means and don't remember having to do so on my old PC.

Just so I understand everything correctly can you tell me exactly what needs to be in my web.config and what needs to be in my aspx page.  It would be nice so that when there is a new version of the control I don't have to go into each aspx page to change the version number.  I'm sure this is possible but I'm not used to using these types of controls.

current aspx page code snippet...

<%

@ Register assembly="Infragistics35.Web.v10.3, Version=10.3.20103.2120, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb" namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.NavigationControls" tagprefix="ig" %>

<%@ Register assembly="Infragistics35.Web.v10.3" namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.NavigationControls" tagprefix="ig" %>

<%

@ Register assembly="Infragistics35.Web.v10.3" namespace="Infragistics.Web.UI.DisplayControls" tagprefix="ig" %>

current web.config code snippet....

<

configuration>

<

configSections>

<

section name="infragistics.web" type="System.Configuration.SingleTagSectionHandler,System, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />

</

configSections>

<

infragistics.web styleSetName="Default" styleSetPath="~/ig_res" />

I can't seem to find where the references are stored.  I think at one point I copied the dll from the program files directory to my bin directory and added them to my project.  Not sure if this is the best practice either but it worked.  I see all the infragistics dll in my bin directory, but is there another place where I should be looking for them to be referenced.  This is a web site project.

In case you havnt noticed I am very confused on this :-)

Thanks