Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Problem with WebDataGrid and Dropdownprovider after Postback
posted

Hi,

first of all, I'm fairly new to ASP.NET as well as developing with IG components, so this may be a quite simple question for experienced users I guess.

I'm using several dropdownproviders in my webdatagrid. Every is working well, until it comes to the first postback after the initial one. I'm creating the data for the dropdown by creating a DataTable and filling it manually like this:

dr = dt.NewRow()

dr("text") = "-"

dr("value") = "L"

dt.Rows.Add(dr)

The Problem is: after the initial loading, everything is fine. The dropdown displays "-" to the user and the value is set to "L". 

BUT: after the next postback, the grid changes the content of the dropdown visible to the user to the value, in this case it displays "L" instead of the desired "-".

The code for the grid is this:

<ig:WebDataGrid ID="grdTest" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" EnableAjax="false" EnableViewState="true" EnableDataViewState="true" ShowFooter="true" StyleSetName="Office2007Blue" Width="100%" DataKeyFields="rownumber,anr"> 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Matthias