Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
I do not understand the architectural decisions in IGridModel - can someone help?
posted

Hello-

Can someone help me to understand why the IGridModel has properties that decide how the grid is rendered?  Models aren't really supposed to know about rendering, and yet a sizeable chunk of the properties in the 'model' interface are directly concerned with rendering: there are properties such as caption, control sizes, which are concerns of either the view or the controller and are more typically set during rendering.

It appears as though, at first glance,that there isn't really a distinction between layers and as such it's an awkward fit in the MVC pattern, which sort of forces a layered approach. It also appears to break one of the nicest parts of MS MVC, which is that the web programmers can focus on webby behaviors and the model developers can focus on domain behavior.

Am I simply misunderstanding what I'm seeing?