Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Coded UI tests and Infragistics
posted

I received the latest blog from Brian Harry, a MSDN blogger.  He wrote a post about coded UI tests and 3rd party .NET controls.  He summarizes the feature of a 3rd party control provider (I won't say who). 

One can start recording actions on a _____ control using Coded UI Test Builder and play them back using Coded UI Test.  These controls also expose meaningful rich properties that could be used for functional validation during automation test, for example, validate the control specific property RowIndex on a ______ control.  ______ has also added rich APIs to ease authoring of Coded UI Tests on custom controls.  Last but not the least, conversion of sequence of actions into meaningful intent has been made possible through the aggregation filters, for example, navigation through filter tree to set filter condition on a grid is now converted to one composite action which sets the filter value.

My team has to look into the possibility of building Coded UI tests this summer with infragistics.  I'd like to find out more about how difficult this task will be with Infragistics, and how deep on can drill into tests with infragistics controls.  THere are many, many posts about coded ui tests on this forum.  Do you have a specific guide or FAQ related specifically to Infragistics and coded UI tests to help with the issue?  I am worried we will hit obstacles one at a time, having to read through the many, many posts on these forums on coded UI.

Any help for getting started in the right direction would be helpful,

Thanks all!