Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
InfraProperties sample will not run
posted

I downloaded your Application sample package unzipped and opened in VS10.

Whe I try to run it I get error below. What do I need to do to get your samples working on my Win7 computer?

Also are the samples available in VB.NET?

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'InfraProperties.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.cs" Inherits="InfraProperties.Global" Language="C#" %> 

Source File: /global.asax Line: 1

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello bilko73,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

I’ve tested the show case samples for 12.2 and got the same error. It seems that  the dll that result from the build of the projects are not send to the Bin so when you run the application I cannot find the dll and throws those errors. In this case it cannot find the dll for the InfraProperties sample.

To resolve this right click on the InfraProperties website  and select “Properties”. Select the Build tab on the right .  Change the Output path to point to the Bin folder. Now build your project and run the sample.  Now it will find the dll and the sample will be run correctly.

I’ll bring this issue to the product guidance’s attention so that it will be resolved in future service releases. In the meantime you should be able to change the output path for all of the samples in the showcase and run them without any issues.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://www.infragistics.com/support

Offline posted

Hello bilko73 ,

I forgot to mention but you’ll need to change the references to the IG assemblies as well. By default they’ll be pointing to: Infragistics4.Web.v12.2, Version=12.2.20122.1 which is the dev version. You’ll need to change that to the corresponding version you have for example: Infragistics4.Web.v12.2, Version=12.2.20122.1007.

Also they’re not available in VB for the moment.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

Best Regards,

Maya Kirova

Developer Support Engineer

Infragistics, Inc.

http://www.infragistics.com/support