Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Upgraded from 8.3 to 12.1 and application has errors
posted

I upgraded to WinForms 12.1 and my application is receiving an innerexception error, and I can't seem to track down what it is. Below is my error stack. I was able to get an "Index out of range" message somewhere in the middle of all the exception messages, but not sure where or what index.

Any ideas would be helpful !! 

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
  Message="An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: The type initializer for 'InventoryManagement.Main' threw an exception."
  Source="InventoryManagement"
  StackTrace:
       at InventoryManagement.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 190
       at InventoryManagement.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Main()
       at InventoryManagement.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() in C:\Dev\InventoryManagement\My Project\Application.Designer.vb:line 35
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
       at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
       at InventoryManagement.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
       at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

posted

Hello,

I have reviewed your stack trace  and nowhere I was able to find any Infragistics assembly that is referred there. You are saying that this exception occurs after you have been upgraded to Infragistics 12.1, so how exactly you have upgraded your solution, have you used Infragistics Version Utility or you have upgraded this manually. If you have upgraded manually have you clean the content of the license file from all Infragistics entries and have clean and rebuild your application ?  

I am waiting for your response.

posted

Hello, ­­­­­

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know If you need my further assistance on this  issue?

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.