Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Remove styling on combobox when it is disabled
posted

Im having real trouble removing the styling on infragistics combobox (NetAdvantage 2012.2) under silverlight. In its current state its barely visible with the opacity set down which makes the text light grey. See the difference between a combobox and a regular textbox below.

Every styling change I make just does not effect the opacity on the combobox when it is disabled.

combobox disabled

below is the styling im trying to set at the moment. I have tried a hundred different combos of code but this where im trying to make the changes. I have changed the opacity on disabled to 0 hoping that would remove whatever item sits over the top of combobox. Please let me know if im way off course here.

<VisualStateGroup x:Name="CommonStates"> 
<VisualState x:Name="Normal"/> 
<VisualState x:Name="MouseOver"/>
<VisualState x:Name="Disabled"> 
<Storyboard> 
<DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetName="DisabledVisualElement" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)"> 
<SplineDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="00:00:00" Value="0"/> 
</DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames> 
</Storyboard> 
</VisualState> 
</VisualStateGroup> 
<VisualStateGroup x:Name="FocusStates">
 <VisualState x:Name="Focused">
 <Storyboard>
 <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames Storyboard.TargetName="FocusVisualElement" Storyboard.TargetProperty="(UIElement.Opacity)"> <SplineDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="00:00:00">
 <SplineDoubleKeyFrame.Value>
 <System:Double>1</System:Double> 
</SplineDoubleKeyFrame.Value> 
</SplineDoubleKeyFrame> 
</DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames> 
</Storyboard> 
</VisualState> 
<VisualState x:Name="Unfocused"/> 
</VisualStateGroup>
    Offline posted

Hello,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into it and I and I created a sample project for you with the functionality you want. Basically I handled the XamComboEditor’s Loaded event and get the Border and the Rectangle that are responsible for the blurring of the text and set their Opacity to 0. Please let me know if this helps you or you need further assistance on this matter.

Looking forward for your reply.

XamComboEditorDisabledColor.zip
    Offline posted

Hello,

I am just checking if you got this worked out or you still require any assistance or clarification on the matter.