Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Web spell checker is not working with textbox whose text value is retrieved from Database
posted

Hello,

I am working on one project where the requirement is to check the spelling errors in the textarea value which is filled by database while runtime..

my code is like this:

<script type="text/javascript" id="igClientScript">
function Click2() {
var spell2 = ig$('<%=WebSpellChecker1.ClientID%>');
var text2ID = '<%=inactive_description.ClientID%>';
var text2 = document.getElementById(text2ID);
spell2.checkSpelling(text2.value, null, text2ID);

}

</script>

<textarea ID="inactive_description" cols="150" rows="21" style="background-color: #B0E2FF"
class="biggerFont"></textarea>
<input id="btn" type="button" value="Spell Check" runat="server" onclick="Click2()" />
<ig_spell:WebSpellChecker ID="WebSpellChecker1" runat="server">
</ig_spell:WebSpellChecker>

here textarea value is gonna filled by database when i will run this script but when i run it and click on the check spell button ,spell checker dialogue box is not coming but if i modify that value of text area then dialogue box will show but it will only check my modified text..not the whole text that is present in textarea..

if  i  m gonna use textbox instead of textarea then the result is still same...i tried all the formulas that i found in different forums and i also submitted support request and they gave me the code that i posted here but it didnt work out..

P.S. i used javascript code to fill the text value of textarea field from database..

Please give me solution as soon as possible..

Thank You!