Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Native linking failed - for iOS API 7.1
posted

Hi,

Until January 2014 I developed with Xamarin.iOS against API version 6.1 and it was working without any issues.

Now I have to worker further on this project, so I updated Xcode and Xamarin frameworks because Apple forced me to use API 7.x. Unfortunately my existing code for IGGrid is not working anymore. I get this linking errors:

error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: _OBJC_CLASS_$_IGCalendarAppointmentDataSource. If '_OBJC_CLASS_$_IGCalendarAppointmentDataSource' is a protocol from a third-party binding, please check that it has the [Protocol] attribute in its api definition file, otherwise verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: _OBJC_CLASS_$_IGCalendarThemeDefinition. If '_OBJC_CLASS_$_IGCalendarThemeDefinition' is a protocol from a third-party binding, please check that it has the [Protocol] attribute in its api definition file, otherwise verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: _OBJC_CLASS_$_IGCalendarViewStringsDefinition. If '_OBJC_CLASS_$_IGCalendarViewStringsDefinition' is a protocol from a third-party binding, please check that it has the [Protocol] attribute in its api definition file, otherwise verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: _OBJC_CLASS_$_IGGridViewDataSource. If '_OBJC_CLASS_$_IGGridViewDataSource' is a protocol from a third-party binding, please check that it has the [Protocol] attribute in its api definition file, otherwise verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: _OBJC_CLASS_$_IGGridViewDelegate. If '_OBJC_CLASS_$_IGGridViewDelegate' is a protocol from a third-party binding, please check that it has the [Protocol] attribute in its api definition file, otherwise verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: _OBJC_CLASS_$_IGGridViewStringsDefinition. If '_OBJC_CLASS_$_IGGridViewStringsDefinition' is a protocol from a third-party binding, please check that it has the [Protocol] attribute in its api definition file, otherwise verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5211: Native linking failed, undefined Objective-C class: _OBJC_CLASS_$_IGGridViewThemeDefinition. If '_OBJC_CLASS_$_IGGridViewThemeDefinition' is a protocol from a third-party binding, please check that it has the [Protocol] attribute in its api definition file, otherwise verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5210: Native linking failed, undefined symbol: _OBJC_METACLASS_$_IGGridViewDataSource. Please verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5210: Native linking failed, undefined symbol: _OBJC_METACLASS_$_IGGridViewDelegate. Please verify that all the necessary frameworks have been referenced and native libraries are properly linked in.
error MT5202: Native linking failed. Please review the build log.

Verified Answer
    posted

When iOS 7 was released we released a Service Release to fix issues that arose the new OS.  The error messages you are seeing would lead me to believe that you have not applied an SR to your package to bring the framework files and DLLs up to date.  The following forum post has the steps needed to apply the SR

http://www.infragistics.com/community/forums/p/83008/415999.aspx#415999

I would also recommend removing the references from your project, cleaning your project, and then ensuring any instances of xCode or Xamarins IDE are closed during the installation process to ensure the IDEs are not holding onto the files during the install.  

Offline posted

Hello Danny,

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Did Darrel’s suggestion helped you solved your issue? Do not hesitate to let us know if you need any additional assistance.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.