Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
OnRowSelectionChanged not firing
posted

Hi, I am migrating from 11.1 to 13.2 and I am having trouble with the OnRowSelectionChanged event of a grid that's inside a WebTab, which is inside another WebTab. Before the migration, it worked perfectly, but now the event is not fired in the code-behind.

Here's my code:

<igtab:WebTab CssClasses-CssClass="tab" ID="TabsPolicies" runat="server"
DisplayMode="MultiRow" TabMoving-Enabled="false" Height="450px" Width="696px" >
<Tabs>
<igtab:ContentTabItem EnableAjax="True" EnableDynamicUpdatePanel="True" Text="Hotels" Key="Hotels">
<Template>
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="upnlHotels" runat="server" UpdateMode="Conditional">

<igtab:WebTab ID="uwtHotelsTab" BrowserTarget="UpLevel" runat="server" Width="624px" Height="238px" >

<Tabs>
<igtab:ContentTabItem Text="&nbsp;Hotel List&nbsp;" Key="HotelsGrid">
<Template>
<igtbl:WebDataGrid EnableAjax="true" CssClass="frameGridStyle" EditCellCssClass="editCellGridStyle" HeaderCssClass="headerGridStyle" ItemCssClass="rowItemGridStyleSmaller" AutoGenerateColumns="false" ShowHeader="true" ID="uwgHotelsList"
runat="server" Width="624px" Height="165px" OnRowSelectionChanged="uwgHotelsList_SelectedRowsChange">
<Columns>
<igtbl:BoundDataField Key="HotelId" DataFieldName="HotelId" Hidden="true">
</igtbl:BoundDataField>
<igtbl:BoundDataField Key="Name" DataFieldName="Name" Width="600px">
<Header Text="Hotel Name">
</Header>
</igtbl:BoundDataField>
</Columns>
<Behaviors>
<igtbl:Activation Enabled="true"></igtbl:Activation>
<igtbl:RowSelectors Enabled="false"></igtbl:RowSelectors>
<igtbl:Selection Enabled="true" CellClickAction="Row" CellSelectType="Simple">
</igtbl:Selection>
<igtbl:ColumnFixing Enabled="true"></igtbl:ColumnFixing>
<igtbl:EditingCore>
<Behaviors>
<igtbl:RowAdding Enabled="true"></igtbl:RowAdding>
</Behaviors>
</igtbl:EditingCore>
</Behaviors> 
</igtbl:WebDataGrid>
<div style="padding-top: 2px; padding-bottom: 2px; padding-right: 1px; float: right">
<asp:Button ID="btnHotelsAdd" OnClick="btnHotelsAdd_Click" runat="server" Width="100px"
Text="Add" />
</div>
</Template>
</igtab:ContentTabItem>

STEP 2:

I tried adding the event definition to the behaviour but I am getting "object reference not set to an instance of an object" on that line of code

<igtbl:Selection OnRowSelectionChanged="uwgHotelsList_SelectedRowsChange" Enabled="true" CellClickAction="Row" CellSelectType="Multiple">

</igtbl:Selection>

STEP 3:

I tried changing the event to CellSelectionChanged but the program is entering it only on the OnLoad function but not when I select the row.

STEP 4:

I tried adding

<AutoPostBackFlags RowSelectionChanged="true" />

to the selection behaviour, but it dind't work either

I am running out of ideas! 

Thank you!

posted

Hello Nicole,

I have replied to other case I have it with you . Please review the sample I sent you and let me know if you have any questions