Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
How to get Auto Filter Query Type with Contains?
posted

My Goal:

I have a drop down of people’s name (First Last). The list could get rather large. I want to be able to type in the last name and get all names that contain what I type.  

Example.

My List.

Jane Doe

Steve Smith

Phil Smith

Kate Smithy

Kathy Thomas

I start typing Smi

I want to see:

Steve Smith  ßHe should be selected.

Phil Smith

Kate Smithy

I should only be able to type/select items in the list. If I start typing Smyth. I should not be able to leave that as the selected item. If I do not find it in the list then selected value should go back my initial value.

My Problem:

I can get this to work when AutoFilterQueryType=”StartsWith”

When I set AutoFilterQueryType=”Contains” then I can somewhat get it to work. But I loose different features of what I am looking for.

This is my current setup for StartWith:

<ig:WebDropDown ID="personList" runat="server"  Width="175px" EnableViewState="false" DisplayMode="DropDown" 

EnableAnimations="true"   AutoSelectOnMatch="true" EnableAutoCompleteFirstMatch="false"

EnableClosingDropDownOnSelect="true" EnableClosingDropDownOnBlur="true"                               

EnableCustomValueSelection="false" EnableCustomValues="false"

AutoFilterQueryType="StartsWith" EnableDropDownAsChild="true"/>                            

Does anyone know how to make this work with Contains?