Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Ribbon resource washing
posted

Hi,

I'm experimenting with changing colors in the new Office 2013 theme in version 14.1. I'm using the Infragistics Color Tuner from within Visual Studio.

For most controls, everything works as expected, but the Ribbon does not seem to act upon changes to the colors. The attached zip file shows two examples of the Ribbon being 'washed' with a green color.

As the ribbon1.jpg image shows, the Ribbon still uses the default blue base color.

The ribbon2.jpg shows another strage effect in that parts of the ComboEditorTool uses the default, blue color while other parts (the expanded part) uses the green color I supplied.

In addition to making modifications to my existing application I also tried this on a simple sample application, but with the same effect; The ribbon is not correctly 'washed' with the changed colors. Are the changes made by the Infragistics Color Tuner not sufficient for modifying the Ribbon, and are additional steps required ? What am I doing wrong ?

Regards,
Leif

ribbon.zip