Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using DataBindOnOpen does not enable loading spinner on initial data retrieval
posted

I took the example from here: http://www.igniteui.com/combo/load-on-demand

and modified it slightly:

1. adding dataBindOnOpen: true
  2. workaround for displaying the dropdown (see below)

$("#combo").one("igcombodatabound", function(){
    setTimeout(function(){
        $("#combo").igCombo("dropDownVisible", true);
    },0);
});

Example: http://jsfiddle.net/7qNU7/1/

Clicking the dropdown arrow will trigger the databinding. However, the spinner is not displayed. Additionally, I needed to add the custom code above to display the dropdown after the data is retrieved.

Offline posted

Hello Bertm13,

Thank you for posting on our forums. I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry.

I have investigated the behavior regarding the Loading Spinner not being displayed on the initial binding of the igCombo.  I have asked our Product Development to examine this further.  To ensure that it will receive attention, I have logged this behavior in our internal tracking system with a Development ID of 172021.  The next step will be for a developer to review my investigation and confirm my findings or to offer a fix, or other resolution. 

I will be sure to post the result of their investigation onto this forum thread.

As a workaround that my can use now, you should be able to display your own Loading Spinner on the Initial data retrieval by adding a span over the igCombo as setting it's visibility visible on the igComboDataBinding event and then invisible at the end of your igComboDataBound event. This span can display the Loading Spinner gif used for our controls.

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hi Bertm13,

This issue with the dataBindOnOpen option is already fixed. You don't need to attach to data bound event and show the drop down manually - it just should work. In addition when data is requested on demand, the loading indicator will appear and after data is loaded, the indicator will disappear. You can download the latest service release from here

I will wait for your feedback.

Best regards,

Nikolay Alipiev