Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Using Infragistics in iOS development
posted

Hi I've never before used your products, but I always wanted to do so,I'm currently a .NET developer (web, desktop & Silverlight). I'm going to work in iOS also. I've been searching some 3rd party components for iOS development and your products are attracting me because of their nice view & highly customizable structure. I'm going to create business intelligence applications (dashboards) containing charts/gauges and data grids, and I think your products worth the money spent, but I have a question regarding my development approach. As you know, iOS development can be done both natively (using objective-C in Mac) or using cross-platform tools (PhoneGAP or  Xamarain for instance). Which approach is supported by your tools? Can I develop using HTML/JS/CSS (PhoneGAP) and still use your controls? Or anyone wishing to use your controls should develop only in native mode?

Also I want to know how much can I customize your controls? Do you give any CSS/skin like style (something like Telerik) or you provide another mechanism.

Best regards

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Ali,  

Thank you for contacting Infragistics Developer support and expressing your interest our development tools and iOS platform, NUCLiOS.  

The minimum requirements for developing with NUCLiOS are as followed:  

Developer Operating Systems
    1. Mac OS X v10.8.x "Mountain Lion" and up  

Developer Platforms/Tools 1. Apple Xcode 5.x and up           
    2. Apple Xamarin Studio 4.x  

Device Operating Systems  
    1. iOS 6.0 and up  

Device Architectures
    1. armv7 for v12.1 +
    2. armv7s for v12.1 +
    3. arm64  for v13.2 +  

For more details you can visit our supported environments page on our website

Please check out the free Sample Browser in the Apple App Store  

We don't have a css approach to styling, instead we have created a protocol/interface that provides all the necessary hooks on a per control basis. You can take a look at our Theming samples in the samples browser, mentioned above, to get a better idea. Also if you have specific styling concerns, don’t hesitate to ask.  

Summary:   Native developing on a MAC and using either Objective-C or C# programming languages is required.  

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this matter.  Thanks again!