Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
UltraToolbarsManager Custom drop shadow
posted

Hi,

I'm currently investigating a way to alter the drop shadows on my main menu bar.

I found some information about a ShadowManager class, but was unable to determine if it was possible to replace.

My target goal is to draw a drop shadow on the left, bottom, and right side of the expanded menu and for the gradient to draw from inside 3 px to the outside. So the drop shadow flows out from the dropdown menu like a glow.

Thanks,

Abdul

Offline posted

Hello Abdul,

To create custom shadow on main menu toolbar dropdown menu you will need the help of DrawFilter. What you have to do is first hide default dropdown menu shadow by setting ShowMenuShadows property of UltraToolbarsManager to false. You can do this in this way:

this.ultraToolbarsManager1.ShowMenuShadows = Infragistics.Win.DefaultableBoolean.False;

After you have removed default shadow you can add a new one by using DrawFilter. Please find attached a sample solution implementing dropdown menu with 3px border on left bottom and right side.

Please let me know if this is what you are looking for or if I am missing something.

CAS-144392-Y8C5Q9.zip
    Offline posted

Hello Abdul

I am just checking about the progress of this issue. Let me know if you need my further assistance on it.

Thank you for using Infragistics Components.