Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Difference of using either <ig:TextColumn> or <TextBlock> inside <ItemTemplate>
posted

Hi,

I am using xamGrid in my application. I just need to know whether there is any difference in using any either of the below.

Inside <ig:xamGrid>

1> using only

<ig:TextColumn Key="Topic" HeaderText="{Binding Topic}" CellStyle=""/>

or

2> using 

<ig:TemplateColumn Key="Topic" HeaderText="Topic">

<ig:TemplateColumn.ItemTemplate>
<DataTemplate>
                      <TextBlock Text="{Binding Topic}" Foreground="Black" FontSize="12" FontFamily="{StaticResource FontNormal}" TextWrapping="Wrap" />
</DataTemplate>
</ig:TemplateColumn.ItemTemplate>
</ig:TemplateColumn>

Whether there is any performance issue of using the 2nd one. And this I am asking for all other controls also like <ig;CheckBoxCloumn> or using <CheckBox> inside <ItemTemplate>

Thanks.

posted

Hi Sanjay,

Thank you for your post. I have been looking into your question and the TemplateColumn(and especially the ItemTemplate in this column) is used to set up custom content. In you scenario there is no sense to use TemplateColumn since you want to use the default behavior of the TextColumn. I am not aware of having some performance issues with the usage of the TemplateColumn in this scenario or using any other kind of ItemTemplate.

Let me know, if you need any further assistance on this matter.

posted

Hello Sanjay,

I am just checking if you require any further assistance on the matter.