Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Unable to save Model data and Grid transcaction on save changes
posted

Hello,

I'm using an igGrid via MVC wrapper and I also have editors for my Model on the same page.  When I call saveChanges for the Grid the Controller method tied to the UpdateURL property does not seem to see any of my Model data (the model is null).  Conversely, if I submit my changes via HttpPost, the Controller sees my Model but when calling this code:

List<Transaction<FAMSPlaybookActivity>> transactions = gridModel.LoadTransactions<FAMSPlaybookActivity>(HttpContext.Request.Form["ig_transactions"]);

I would get the error:

'System.ArgumentNullException' - String reference not set to an instance of a String.

I believe this is because the ig_transaction is null.  How would I expose the grid transaction to my Controller post method?  I need to save both my Model data and Grid transaction on the same controller method.  An example code would be appreciated, thanks!