Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
WebDialog from WebDataGrid when saving grid viewstate
posted

Hi Team

I've been following one of your examples where you show a webdialog from a button within a template datafield in a webdatagrid. The example binds the datagrid on each postback.

I would like to do the same thing, but save the datagrid viewstate, so that I don't have to rebind the grid on each postback in the onload event. I want to do this because I have additional buttons that need to rebind the grid on their onclick events and there is no point in binding the grid twice.

When I take your sample and enable dataviewstate on the grid and only bind if not page.ispostback, the  eventhandler for the button within the grid is never fired, so the dialog doesn't show.

Is there a way around this, so that clicking the 'info' button on the attached example page will show the dialog? but doing so while not binding the grid on each postback.

regards

Steve

OnServer.zip