Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igCombo required validation is overlapping with the control because of hidden input element.
posted

HI

I am using Jquery validation frame work for doing the required field validation for combobox. Below is the infragistics rendered html and it has hidden input element(I believe this has been added for applying the validations), My validation happend on that input element and label displayed next to that element, Due to this error label got over lapped with the actual control. Can you please tell me what is the solution to get the error message properly displayed.

<span data-resourcekey="ENTERAUSERNAME" data-resourcevalue="" data-controlid="11789" data-controltype="igCombo" data-datatype="A" id="AssignUserComboBox" class="ui-igcombo ui-state-default ui-widget ui-corner-all" style="overflow: hidden; display: inline-block; position: relative; width: 100%; height: 23px; min-width: 39px; min-height: 0px;">

<input name="AssignUserComboBox" type="hidden" data-rule-required="true" data-msg-required="You forgot to enter a username." value="" aria-required="true" class=""><label for="AssignUserComboBox" class="error" style="display: none;">You forgot to enter a username.</label>

<span class="ui-igcombo-fieldholder ui-igcombo-fieldholder-ltr ui-corner-left" style="float: left; position: absolute; width: 96.94244604316546%; height: 21px; background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><input class="ui-igcombo-field ui-corner-all valid" style="float: left; position: absolute; width: 99.81447124304268%; height: 19px; display: block;" aria-invalid="false"><span class="ui-igcombo-clear" data-id="2" tabindex="-1" unselectable="on" title="Clear value" longdesc="Clear value" style="float: right; outline: 0px; display: none; height: 21px;"><span class="ui-igcombo-clearicon ui-icon-circle-close ui-icon" tabindex="-1" unselectable="on" style="outline: 0px; margin-top: 3px;"></span></span></span><span class="ui-igcombo-button ui-state-default ui-igcombo-button-ltr ui-corner-right" data-id="1" tabindex="-1" unselectable="on" title="Show drop-down" longdesc="Show drop-down" style="float: right; outline: 0px; height: 21px;"><span class="ui-igcombo-buttonicon ui-icon-triangle-1-s ui-icon" tabindex="-1" unselectable="on" style="outline: 0px; margin-top: 3px;"></span></span></span>