Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Sorting/Paging with two grids on the same page causes exception
posted

I am having a problem with the v13.2 WebDataGrid sort and paging on an asp.net web form (IIS v7 & v7.5, .NET 4, 64bit). The page consists of a WebDataGrid and WebHierarchicalDataGrid on the same page. The first grid on the page is the WebDataGrid and it fails the sort and paging every time while the second grid, the WebHierarchicalDataGrid works everytime. Thinking I simply screwed up my code I created a very simple test page with both grids and manually created data. I receive the same error on the WebDataGrid on my test page. I based the test page on Infragistics samples so I figure I have a configuration problem somewhere. The error and stack trace are below. I am running the latest version of Infragistics4.Web.v13.2, updated this morning. The grids are bound server side to a SQL datatable. None of the values in the datatable are null. I have tested this with different combinations of dataviewstate, ajax, etc., even letting Infragistics handle the column specification.

Any feedback is appreciated. This is a serious show stopper for us. Thank you.

This is my current client implementation of the WebDataGrid:

<ig:WebDataGrid ID="wdgPayments" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="false" EnableDataViewState="true" EnableAjax="false" DataKeyFields="PaymentID" DataMember="Payment" Width="100%" StyleSetName="Claymation" ClientIDMode="Static" >
<ClientEvents DoubleClick="ShowPaymentDetailsFromDblClick" />
<Columns>
<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="PaymentID" Key="PaymentID" Hidden="True"></ig:BoundDataField>
<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="PaymentDate" Key="PaymentDate" DataFormatString="{0:MM/dd/yy}" DataType="System.DateTime">
<Header Text="Date"></Header>
</ig:BoundDataField>
<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="Description" Key="Description">
<Header Text="Description"></Header>
<ig:BoundDataField DataFieldName="PaymentAmt" Key="PaymentAmt" DataFormatString="{0:c}">
<Header Text="Amount"></Header>
</Columns>
<Behaviors>
<ig:Selection CellClickAction="Row" CellSelectType="None" ColumnSelectType="None" RowSelectType="Single" />
<ig:Sorting SortingMode="Single" />
<ig:Paging PagerMode="NextPreviousFirstLast" PageSize="10" FirstPageText="First" PreviousPageText="Pervious" NextPageText="Next" LastPageText="Last" />
</Behaviors>
<EmptyRowsTemplate>
<div style="padding: 10px;">(No payments were found)</div>
</EmptyRowsTemplate>
</ig:WebDataGrid>

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.SummaryRow.GetSummaryValue(GridField field, Summary summary, ColumnSummaryInfo colSumInfo, SummaryRowSetting sumRowSetting, Boolean raiseEvnt) +240
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.SummaryRow.BehaviorEvents_PreRender(Object sender) +680
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.PreRenderHandler.Invoke(Object sender) +0
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBehaviorEvents.OnPreRender() +19
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.GridBot.HandlePreRender() +65
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.ContainerGridBot.HandlePreRender() +275
Infragistics.Web.UI.Framework.Data.FlatDataBoundControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +1420
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.WebDataGrid.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +72
Infragistics.Web.UI.GridControls.ContainerGrid.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +4
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +83
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +155
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +974

Offline posted

Hello Adam,

Thank you for posting in our community.

I made a small sample illustrating the described scenario. However, on my side everything worked as expected and there was no exception  thrown.

I am attaching the sample project that I used to test this for your reference. The sample project is using version 13.2.20132.2294, which is currently the latest service release available foe download on our web site. Could you please test this on your side; whether or not it works correctly on your side may help indicate what is the root cause for this issue.

Additionally, if this is not an accurate demonstration of what you are trying to achieve please feel free to modify my sample and send it back to me.

This is going to be highly appreciated and ill help me in my further investigation.

WDGandWHDG.zip