Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Can combo dropdown be dynamically added to fields?
posted

In my last question, I asked about dynamically added layouts. Turns out I didnt need to and thanks to Rob, he got me going.  Now I have another design modification where they want to add lookup data to a specific fields so this means I need to add a dropdown to the field(5 fields in all so 5 dropdowns) in the grid.  Can this be done dynamically? Or do I need to produce a specialized template of some sort to call? 

Constraints is I have various data sources that utilize the same grid so I need to be able to programmatically alter the FieldLayout based on the datasources.  I suppose if worse comes to worse I can add another grid to handle the specialized nature of this one datasource and just invis or vis the grids as needed depending on whether or not the datasource is being used.  Not sure I want to go that route though...