Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
igGrid add new row Internet Explorer script error
posted

Hi

I'm using

Internet Explorer   10  ( 10.0.9200.17228 )
IgniteUI              2014.2.2140 
Jquery                jquery-2.1.3.min  - jquery-migrate-1.2.1  - jquery-ui-1.11.2
modernizr            Modernizr 2.6.2 (Custom Build) | MIT & BSD 

I get an exception in only Internet Explorer when I try to add new row. { Chrome or firefox works fine}

I clicked new row button and created newRow Inputs then I typing something.
When I press to spaceBar, I get an this error in
infragistics.ui.grid.selection.js 

Error line , 

return type==="number"||type==="string"||!identifier.columnKey.startsWith("##")}  The type gets undefined.

Internet explorer error ,

JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'columnKey' of undefined or null reference.

Note : I get this error  when I migrated solutions igniteUI 20132.2055  to igniteUI  2014.2.2140 

Thanks for reply

Offline posted

Hello BK,

Thank you for posting in our forums!

The first question I have is do you have the dataType property set on the column you are trying to edit?  Defining the dataType of the column can sometimes help avoid issues like this.

I followed the steps you suggested and was unable to reproduce the behavior you're describing.  I set up a simple igGrid with Updating and Selection behaviors enabled.  When I click the add new row to enter edit mode, I can input any characters in the Name column which is a string column and I do not receive any errors.

You can find my sample in the following jsFiddle:  http://jsfiddle.net/ig_mharrington/hp7jv6nm/

Please test this project on your PC; whether or not it works correctly may help indicate the nature of this problem.

If the project does not work correctly, this indicates either a problem possibly specific to your environment, or a difference in the script versions we are using.  My test was performed using version 14.2.20142.2140 in IgniteUI 2014 Volume 2.

If the project does show the product feature working correctly, this indicates a possible problem in the code of your application.  It will help if you can provide a small, isolated sample application that demonstrates the behavior you are seeing.

Or, if this sample project is not an accurate demonstration of what you're trying to do, please feel free to modify it and send it back, or send a small sample project of your own if you have one.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.