Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Updating Infragistics ultimate from behind a proxy
posted

Hi me and a few colleagues are having issues with your ultimate product. We all installed the application at different times and have managed to each end up with a different version on our machines. We are all working on the same project via subversion but everytime 1 of us pulls anothers from subversion it breaks as all the reference versions don't match up. The issue is none of us can upgrade the product. Clicking on the Check for updates from within visual studio fails immediately with the message Unable to connect to server! and just redirects me to the infragistics site which I cannot find the file I need. We managed to find the latest service release on your site but it older than the version installed on my colleagues machine so doesn't help.

Suggested Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Charlie,

Thank you for reaching out. May I ask what Volume release you and your colleague(s) have installed currently? I recommend staying in sync with the same Volume release (eg. 2014 Volume 2). To work around any proxy issues you are having please download the Complete Bundle (not platform installer) of our latest release from our website please use offline installer link, found here:

http://www.infragistics.com/support/product-help-downloads

I also recommend viewing Control Panel > Program and Features as well as 'View Installed Updates' as you install your updates. This will help when determining what's actually installed.

Also, please uncheck any options to install updates while using the install wizard for the Complete Bundle. The goal  is to get the product installed first and then worry about getting the service release after. I can help you with this process if necessary.

Let me know if you have any questions regarding this matter.