Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Failed to create component.... new installation VB2010
posted

I'm using VB 2010 - Winforms and just did an installation of the Trial version of Infragistics controls.  I want to test if the controls will help speed up my development.

I had problems with installation of the Indigo Studio because my Silverlight was not up-to-date.  After the installation completed, I attempted to add a control to a copy of one of my Windows Forms projects (after I changed the target framework to version 4), and received the error Failed to create component.

I found some references to older (2009) articles about setting the Specific Version option to False on all Infragistics References and to clean out the licenses.licx file.  I was able to set the references to false but could not find a licenses.licx file associated with my project.  Still errors.

So I reset my Windows 7 Pro SP1 machine to a restore point from before the installation.  I upgraded my Explorer and Silverlight before installing again.  Reinstalled and had the same problem.

I created a new project with one form and made sure it was referencing .Net 4 (not client), added a control and again received an error.  Of the dozen or so controls I have tried, only the UltraProgressBar  and UltraScrollBar will insert on the form.  I can see the References being added in the Solution Explorer but the error still shows up.

One example of the message is below.

If anyone has any ideas what I can try to test the controls, I would appreciate it.  TIA, rasinc.