Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
Infragistics2.Win Reference
posted

I have inherited an application running on Visual Studio 2013 using Infragistics controls. When I attempt to compile the code I get the following error message:
'Appearance' is ambiguous in the namespace 'Infragistics.Win'.

The following assemblies are referenced:
Infragistics2.Win.v12.1 - Version12.1.20121.2135
Infragistics4.Win.v12.1 - Version12.1.20121.2135

If I remove the reference Infragistics4.Win.v12.1 I get the following errors:
Value of type 'Infragistics.Win.Appearance' cannot be converted to 'Infragistics.Win.AppearanceBase'.

And if I remove the reference Infragistics2.Win.v12.1 I get the following errors:
Value of type 'Infragistics.Win.Appearance' cannot be converted to 'Infragistics.Win.AppearanceBase'.
'Public Property EditorValueSource As Infragistics.Win.EditorWithComboValueSource' is declared in project 'Infragistics2.Win.v12.1.dll', which is not referenced by project 'SIS'. Add a reference to 'Infragistics2.Win.v12.1.dll' to your project 'SIS'.

I cleaned out references to Infragistics in the licenses.licx file.

Any suggestions?

Verified Answer
    Offline posted

Hello Cesar,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Looking at the second error you are receiving it appears that your application is built on .NET2. If so you need to remove the reference to Infragistics4.Win.v12.1 assembly. Please note the number exactly after Infragistics in the name of the assembly shows the .NET version this assembly was built for, e.g. Infragistics2.Win.v12.1 was built for .NET2. So if your project is built on .NET4 remove the reference to Infragistics2.Win.v12.1 assembly.

After you remove the unnecessary assembly, depending of your application’s .NET version, please set the specific version of all Infragistics assemblies in your project to false. You can reach the Specific Version property by expanding the References in your project, click on the assembly you need to set this property to and look in the Properties window (if Properties window is not open hit F4 to show it).

Please let me know if you succeed to solve your issues after removing all unnecessary assemblies’ references and setting the Specific Version to false.

Looking forward to your reply.