Your Privacy Matters: We use our own and third-party cookies to improve your experience on our website. By continuing to use the website we understand that you accept their use. Cookie Policy
XamDataGrid 14.2.20142.2081 with Custom Filter Dialog crashes
posted

I encounter an issue with the XamDataGrid custom filter dialog.   I have a very simple XamDataGrid defined something like below.   Note that I enable record filtering by setting  AllowRecordFiltering="True"

<igWPF:XamDataGrid Name="xdg" DataSource="{Binding}"
                           >
            <igWPF:XamDataGrid.FieldSettings>
                <igWPF:FieldSettings
                    AllowEdit="False" 
                 LabelClickAction="SortByMultipleFieldsTriState"
                 LabelTextAlignment="Center"
                 LabelTextWrapping="Wrap"
                 CellClickAction="SelectRecord"
                AllowGroupBy="False"
                AllowRecordFiltering="True"
                AutoSizeScope="AllRecords"
                AutoSizeOptions="All"/>
            </igWPF:XamDataGrid.FieldSettings>
        </igWPF:XamDataGrid>

So when I work on a numeric column and build a custom filter using the custom filter dialog. I follow the following steps.
a) Add a new condition. Select the "Bottom" operator. Do nothing.
b) Add another condition.  The "Equal" operator is selected by default.   Note that the first condition (Bottom operator) does not show an error message. 
c)  Remove the second condition.   Note that the dialog only remains one condition, i.e. "Bottom".   The condition is in an error state, i.e. no operand, but no error message is shown in the third column.
d) Close the dialog by clicking "ok"
e) Now there is an invalid condition applied to the column.   The clear condition icon is shown.
f)  When the user clicks the "clear condition" icon, an "ArgumentException was unhandled" is thrown saying, "Invalid operand value.  It must be a number."

This looks like a bug for the validation codes in the  custom filter dialog.

Offline posted

Hello Edward,

I have logged this with development under ID:202705 and I have also created a support ticket on your behalf: CAS-158266-P7X6Q1 and have linked the development issue to it, so that you can get automatically updated, when a Service Release containing the fix is available for download. You can get the new version from our website’s “My IG”, “My Keys & Downloads” tags: https://www.infragistics.com/Membership/Default.aspx?panel=Downloads#Downloads

You can also monitor the support ticket’s progress through the “My Support Activity” tag: https://www.infragistics.com/Membership/MySupport.aspx

Offline posted

Hello Edward,

We have shipped out a new service release where your issue is resolved. I'd be glad to find out if you had tested it out and if it had met your requirements.

You can download the Service Releases by logging to our web site and going to Account \Keys & Downloads.

https://www.infragistics.com/my-account/keys-and-downloads/